MAT/08 (ANALISI NUMERICA)
DIPARTIMENTO DI INGEGNERIA CIVILE E ARCHITETTURA
Corso di studio
CIVIL ENGINEERING FOR MITIGATION OF RISK FROM NATURAL HAZARDS
Primo Semestre (24/09/2018 - 17/10/2018)
45 ore di attività frontale
SCRITTO E ORALE CONGIUNTI
Univariate and multivariate calculus (limits, differential operators, integrals). Linear algebra. Basics manipulation of complex numbers. Basics of Matlab/Octave programming.
learn advanced mathematical tools that will be used extensively in the following courses; learn to predict quantitatively the results of a mathematical procedure, to assess the reliability of computer simulations
Programma e contenuti
Ordinary Differential Equations; Multivariate constrained and unconstrained optimization; Orthogonal expansions (Legendre, Fourier) and Fourier Transform; Numerical quadrature; Partial Differential Equations; basics of Finite Element Method for linear elliptic PDEs
teaching; exercise and Matlab/Octave sessions
Testi di riferimento
1. G. Teschl, Ordinary Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems. American Mathematical Society;
2. J. Nocedal, S. Wright. Numerical Optimization. Springer;
3. A. Quarteroni, R. Sacco, F. Saleri.
Numerical Mathematics. Springer;
4. D. Kammler, A First Course in Fourier Analysis, Cambridge University Press;
5. S. Salsa, Partial Differential Equations in Action, Springer;
6. A. Quarteroni, Numerical Models for Differential Problems, Springer.
Modalità verifica apprendimento
The final grade will be composed as follows:
a) 30% homework assignments (three in total) graded during the course;
b) 50% oral discussion over
> exercises and Matlab scripts discussed in class;
> one chapter of choice of the student.
c) 20% oral discussion of a small additional topic (not covered during class but related to the class topics), to be preliminarily agreed upon with the teacher.
Obiettivi Agenda 2030 per lo sviluppo sostenibile