IUS/13 (DIRITTO INTERNAZIONALE)
DIPARTIMENTO DI SCIENZE ECONOMICHE E AZIENDALI
Corso di studio
ECONOMICS, FINANCE AND INTERNATIONAL INTEGRATION - ECONOMIA, FINANZA E INTEGRAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE
International Economic Integration and Development
Primo Semestre (24/09/2018 - 21/12/2018)
44 ore di attività frontale
No prerequisite is expressly required. However the knowledge of the basic legal concepts acquired during their Bachelor studies is at least recommended.
The course aims at examining the European Union law in its constitutional dimension. For this reason it will deal with the central institutional topics and a particular attention will be paid to the constitutional implications of the main developments of the EU integration process, mainly focusing on the protection of fundamental rights in a multilevel perspective.
Programma e contenuti
- Historical evolution of the EU integration process
- EU institutional and judicial architecture
- EU sources of law and their effects into national legal orders
- Democracy at EU level
- EU citizenship
- Principle of equality
- EU protection of fundamental rights (evolution, Charter of F.R., accession to ECHR, anti-terrorism individual sanctions)
Lectures and case law discussion.
Active participation of students through oral presentations concerning hot EU challenges of the current times
Testi di riferimento
- R. Schütze, European Constitutional Law, Cambridge UP, 2012
Modalità verifica apprendimento
made up of 3 open questions
All the course material (including slides, legal texts and judicial decisions) is also available on Kiro platform