SECS-P/08 (ECONOMIA E GESTIONE DELLE IMPRESE)
DIPARTIMENTO DI SCIENZE ECONOMICHE E AZIENDALI
Corso di studio
ECONOMICS, FINANCE AND INTERNATIONAL INTEGRATION - ECONOMIA, FINANZA E INTEGRAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE
Primo Semestre (24/09/2018 - 21/12/2018)
44 ore di attività frontale
The aim of the course is to diffuse technical and specific Business Development (BD) competences. The course offers tools and resources to allow students to successfully manage business development and deal-making activities, specifically designed for the Life Sciences sector.
The key element of this course is the involvement of renowned BD Managers and Professionals associated with Italy HLG, the largest italian association for BD Managers in the Life Sciences sector. Such professionals will offer students insights on the methodologies required in the field, as well as some "tips and tricks" to succeed and thrive in a professional setting.
Such tools are getting increasingly required by firms to successfully manage every phase of the business development process (planning, managing and monitoring product and process innovation) as well as analyzing markets to spot potential business opportunities and overseeing the steps required in a negotiation process.
By the end of the course, students would be able to understand major issues arising from Business Development activities, they will be able to develop detailed plans to solve such issues and will (ideally) have all the necessary tools to bring forward such activities in a professional setting.
Programma e contenuti
Course is 44-hours long and it is worth 6 CFUs (ECTS). Course material is divided in 9 modules:
1. Business Development
2. (Managing the) Portfolio of Opportunities
3. Business Development Opportunities
4. Profiling and Searching for Opportunities
5. Business Model and Business Model Valuation
6. Deals - Types and Structures
7. Due Diligence and Negotiation
9. Alliance Management
Lectures, exercises and case studies
Testi di riferimento
Attendance is not mandatory, but highly recommended. Exam materials are different based on attendance.
- Slides, exercises and case studies presented during lectures (including required readings)
For non attendants:
- Sorensen, HS (2012) Business Development: a Market-Oriented Perspective, Wiley (https://www.amazon.it/Business-Development-Hans-Eibe-Sorensen/dp/047068366X)
- Austin, M (2008) Business Development for the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industry, Gower (http://www.gmpua.com/Management/BDBiotechnology.pdf)
Modalità verifica apprendimento
Written exam + (group) project work
About 30% of lectures will be given in cooperation with Business Development Managers and Practitioners associated with Italy HLG, the largest italian association for BD Managers in the Life Sciences sector.
- Internship positions in one (or more) partner firms may be promoted during the semester.
- One lecture (date tdb) will be organized at Zambon headquarters (Bresso, MI)