ING-INF/05 (DATA PROCESSING SYSTEMS)
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL,COMPUTER AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
Embedded and Control Systems
1st semester (27/09/2021 - 21/01/2022)
52 lesson hours
WRITTEN AND ORAL TEST
Basic knowledge of Internet technologies (client/server architectures, protocols, etc.).
The student must be able to:
- Understand the theoretical and practical bases of web technologies and of on-line and off-line multimedia;
- Apply web and multimedia technologies to build static, dynamic, and interactive websites;
- Critically select the best web and multimedia technologies depending on the application contexts.
- On-line/off-line Multimedia:
. Images and graphics: color, bitmap graphics (global/local/pixel-level editing), vector (object-oriented) graphics, overview of graphic formats (characteristics, use), graphics for the Web (requirements, tools);
. Digital audio: characteristics, formats, use;
. Digital animation: bitmap animation, vector animation;
. Digital video: formats, non-linear editing, requirements for the Web;
- Elements of off-line Multimedia.
- World Wide Web:
. HTML language;
. Cascading Style Sheets (CSS);
. XML technologies;
. Server-side interaction (CGI programs and application servers);
. Content Management Systems (CMS);
. Web 2.0;
. Semantic Web;
. Elements of Web Styling, Usability, Accessibility, and Information Architecture.
- Advanced forms of interaction in Multimedia:
. Mobile technologies;
. Elements of (immersive/non-immersive) virtual reality, augmented reality, telepresence, and perceptual interfaces.
The course is structured into theory lectures (36 hours) and practical classes (16 hours).
Reccomended or required readings
Mainly slides and links to on-line material.
Written test composed of open questions and exercises (optionally followed by an oral exam) and project (implementation of a dynamic website).
Sustainable development goals - Agenda 2030
Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastrucure:
- 9.1 Develop quality, reliable, sustainable and resilient infrastructures;
- 9.4 By 2030, upgrade infrastructures and modernize industries to make them sustainable;
- 9.5 Strengthen scientific research, promote the technological capabilities of industrial sectors in all countries.The goals