DIPARTIMENTO DI SCIENZE ECONOMICHE E AZIENDALI
Corso di studio
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP - MANAGEMENT INTERNAZIONALE E IMPRENDITORIALITÀ
Primo Semestre (28/09/2020 - 22/12/2020)
66 ore di attività frontale
SCRITTO E ORALE CONGIUNTI
Basic computer skills.
The course is designed to be practically theoretical. We will cover enough theory to develop a frame of reference on which to build practical skills. In parallel, through exercises and projects, we will internalize theoretical concepts and reinforce our theoretical understanding.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the main concepts of AI
- understand how AI can exponentially accelerate businesses
- use IBM’s Watson Assistant in real-life scenarios
- code in Python and apply your knowledge to Data Science problems
- understand the impact of Data Management on contemporary businesses
- recognize various database models and write simple queries
Programma e contenuti
The course will be split into three thematic sections:
Artificial Intelligence and Watson Assistant
- Artificial Intelligence: from daily life through Enterprise vision (with Watson Assistant)
- Knowledge Management (with Knowledge Studio)
- Data Science
- Machine Learning & Open Scale
- Computer Vision
- Visual Recognition
- Design Thinking
- Introduction to Python
- Conditional Statements & Functions
- Iterations & Strings Operations
- Library import & External data sources
- Data Management & Business Strategy
- Data Management Systems
- Database Design
- Querying databases
In-class practical exercises
Case study discussion
(Depending on the development of the COVID-19 epidemy and the sanitary norms, this can change. Part of the course or all the lessons may be delivered online.
In any event, class materials and recordings will be delivered online, permitting students in remote locations to follow the course).
Testi di riferimento
- T. Markiewicz & J. Zheng, 2018, Getting Started with Artificial Intelligence, O'Reilly.
- Ch. Severance, 2016, Python for Everybody.
(Both e-books will be given to you at the beginning of the semester).
Modalità verifica apprendimento
- Team project
- Individual written test